Sunday, April 11, 2010

Venice - Canals of Love

Monday morning we awoke bright and early to start our trip to Venice. We arrived in Venice around 2:30 in the afternoon. On the bus ride there were two men sitting beside us from Persia. They had limited English, but were really nice. In the little communication we had one of them offered me a beer at 10 am and teased me multiple times about writing in my journal so much.

Once in Venice we found our hostel and dropped off our huge bags. Our hostel was actually in Mestre which is a suburb of Venice so once we got settled in we took the train to Venice to wander around. We had pasta at Kreb a kind of "fast food" Italian place. It was pretty cheap and still pretty good!

We then spent the night walking around Venice and enjoying the canal roads. There were no cars allowed in Venice so all transportation was either walking or by boat. I truly loved the city because I love water sooo much! It was probably my favorite Italian city of them all.

The next day we spent it walking around Venice and just enjoying the city. We took sometime to just relax on the canal side. Man did I enjoy that. It was truly awesome just taking time to really think where I am and why I am here. I have been so blessed to be given the plot I have in life. I have great friends, an amazing family, and tons of opportunities to pursue my interests. In the last 2 weeks I have traveled around Italy, endulged in Salzburg, and rallied in Munich. The next few days I will be experiencing all that Barcelona has to offer me. And I am able to do all of this because I was so blessed. So thank you Lord for all your blessings and the opportunities you have allowed me to have.

So as I sat on the canals of Venice Italy I thought of everything that I am thankful for. I thought of all of you, whom I love. So thank you to everyone who has supported me and helped to make this adventure possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment